OK back at it again with another brownie recipe, but heck you can't go wrong with PB and chocolate especially when they're sans gluten, dairy, flour, and refined sugar free. They seriously taste like Reese's PB cups in brownie form. These like my other brownie recipe use black beans, because as a self proclaimed workout/fitness junkie I am always trying to sneak in that protein wherever and whenever I can; even in my baked goods.
I made these up for my mom for Mother's Day because the best gifts you can give are homemade in my opinion. My mom is a huge inspiration to me as she raised both my sister and I on her own while running a full scale business and always puts others before herself. I thought she deserved these bomb brownies for all that she does and continues to do, so I made two batches for her! She has already had a few and they get the mom seal of approval so that's enough to share these with you guys!
Yes, these slices are still considered a treat, but everyone deserves to treat themselves to sweets. Restricting all types of sugar intake is unhealthy on the body and mind, and ultimately life is too dang short to enjoy sweet moments!
Have a beautiful day,
PB Swirl Brownies
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 Tbsp of ground flax left to set with 6 Tbsp of Water for 5 minutes)
- 1 Can Well Rinsed and Drained Black Beans
- 1/3 Cup + 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 4 Tbsp Oil (I used olive but you could use avocado or liquid coconut)
- 4 Tbsp Natural Smooth Runny PB
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a brownie pan.
2. In a food processor combine the flax eggs, 1/3 cup maple syrup, olive oil, black beans, and 3 Tbsp of Peanut butter together.
3. Pulse until smooth; make sure the beans are really well mixed and broken down.
4. Add in the cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, coconut sugar, and salt.
5. Pulse until all the ingredients have combined thoroughly.
6. Add the batter to the prepared baking tray and smooth over using a spatula.
7. Whisk together the remaining 1 Tbsp of PB and maple syrup in a separate bowl.
8. Dollop the pb and maple mixture onto the top in separate places and swirl using a tooth pick.
9. Bake for 30 minutes or longer depending on your oven.
10. Allow to cool for an hour before slicing up and serving! Enjoy!