Malted Chocolate Tahini Puffed Rice Granola
If you've been following my little journey on the internet for a while now, you'll know how obsessed I am with tahini. I mean I seriously eat it every darn day mostly doused over salads/stir-fry's, and I am not stopping anytime soon.
Another thing I am pretty serious about other than tahini is breakfast. I load all the goods into my smoothies, oats, and my motto if it isn't fully loaded you aren't doing it right (kidding), but I think it's vital to fuel our bodies until they are satiated and comfortable; never skimping out on the food that keeps us energized.
Taking my love tahini, chocolate, cereal, and granola naturally seemed like the perfect combo for me. I'm pretty jazzed about this recipe so I am going to stop rambling on about it and give the recipe to you straight!
Malted Chocolate Tahini Puffed Rice Granola:
- 2 1/3 cup thick rolled oats
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- Preheat the ven to 300F.
- In a mixing bowl combine the rolled oats, puffed rice cereal, flaked almonds, and sea salt.
- On the stove in a medium saucepan over low heat melt the coconut oil, maple, tahini, and cacao powder together until smooth.
- Fold the liquid mixture into the dry and stir until well combined.
- On a lined baking tray evenly distribute the mixture and bake for 20-30 minutes stirring halfway in between cook time.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.